On this episode, On this episode, Delina and Erika interview Daria Roithmayr, professor and author of Reproducing Racism. If everyone all of a sudden stopped being racist, would all of our Broke-ish issues be solved? We’re talking about it on this episode of Broke-ish. Press Play.
Get (buy or borrow) the book, Reproducing Racism: How Everyday Choices Lock In White Advantage . Tell us what you think on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Find her on Twitter – @droithmayr
Professor of Law, USC Law School
Reproducing Racism: How Everyday Choices Lock In White Advantage
– Money (economic resources)
– Milestones (education, career, etc.)
– Mama’nem (culture, social access, etc.)
Defining the middle class: Cash, credentials, or culture? (Brookings Institute)
Authors: Richard V. Reeves, Katherine Guyot and Eleanor Krause
Date: Monday, May 7, 2018
- Cash (what’s in your bank account)
- Credentials (what’s on your resume)
- Culture (what’s inside your head)